No matter how great your eCommerce store looks, if it’s not well optimized, you will have a hard time attracting customers. Fortunately, you can do plenty of things to improve your site and make it more user-friendly.
Optimizing your website involves implementing various strategies to make your e-commerce store appealing to your visitors. But, of course, you already know that these shoppers have loads of options as other online stores are offering similar products and services that you do.
Are you looking for the best ways to optimize your e-commerce business and maximize conversion rates? Do you want your business to remain relevant and go beyond the competition? Do you wish to attract more customers to your online store? This article discusses some of the best ways to optimize your eCommerce store and improve sales.
6 Strategies to Increase Conversion
Here are six things you can do to optimize your website. These tips will provide a convenient and reliable user experience for your customers when put in place. This will not only boost conversion rates but also help customer retention.
Host Live Shopping
Why not? All of the big brands are doing it already, and it’s quickly becoming a marketing trend for businesses in 2022 and beyond. Live shopping is an online event you can host on your website where viewers can purchase your products and services in real-time.
It’s like streaming on Netflix, but your viewers are making purchases this time. So it is a sure way to optimize your e-commerce store and make more sales in 2022.
Make sure Your Site Loads Quickly
Here is no doubt. How often do you patiently wait for a website to open without thinking of trying an alternative one? Having to wait for pages to load can be frustrating and discouraging. You must ensure that your e-commerce pages load quickly. This will keep the customer engaged and willing to keep clicking.
A few things you can consider to achieve this are;
- Minimizing HTTP requests: Nobody will hang around on your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load a page. One of the reasons for this lagging is the presence of numerous HTTP requests on your site. That occurs when the requests from users’ browsers to your website’s servers become too much for the servers.These HTTP requests will need to be reduced; otherwise, it can cause your pages to load slowly. You can do that without the assistance of a ‘tech person’. Simply remove the plug-ins you don’t need, reduce third-party requests, and make use of streamlined plug-ins in place of the heavy ones.
- Optimizing your images and videos: Another way to boost the speed of your website is by deleting unnecessary photos and videos from the website. If you don’t know which ones to delete, go after those images and videos that do not exactly do anything to influence the audience to patronize the business.
- Limiting site redirections: Redirects are helpful and can make the navigation of your website easier for users. However, they sometimes can cause the pages to load slowly, especially when they become too much.To reduce redirects on your e-commerce store, clear out all unnecessary plug-ins, don’t link to any page that already has redirects, and conduct regular scans on your website to clear all unwanted redirects.
These few website optimization tips can go a long way to increase conversion on your website. In addition, you can test your website’s speed and overall performance by using the free Pingdom site speed test.
Update Your Product Descriptions/SEOs
Updating the product descriptions of every item listed on your website will make shopping easier and more comfortable for your viewers. Endeavor to take the time to properly describe the benefits of every product on your website for your viewers. Customers already have some doubts about purchasing products they cannot see physically, your job is to make it easier to trust you, and that is by describing your product’s benefits. It works like magic and can tremendously increase conversion rates.
Also, you have to invest a lot of energy in Search Engine Optimization. This is a way of making it easier for viewers to find your website. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Flesh up your website with blog posts and content
- Make social media posts with links and keywords that relate to your store
- Create links that lead to your page
- Conduct target keyword research
Consider Image and Video Quality
Having short descriptive images and videos about product offerings on your website can hugely improve conversion. This optimization strategy is not rocket science, and you do not require a professional photographer to do it. You can take clear and attention-grabbing images and videos of your products to capture viewers’ interests and make shopping fun for them.
Ensure that these images and videos are clear and engaging enough. Consider the picture quality, angles, lighting, video length, and content when doing this. It will ensure that the viewers don’t get bored or unimpressed by them.
Make the Checkout Process Easy
Getting customers to visit your website and click through your products is just one part of increasing conversions. The most important part is getting them to actually buy all the items they have put in the cart. In many cases, potential customers get discouraged at this point due to things like exorbitant shipping fees and tax, making them create an account first, or having them fill out endless forms before they can complete a purchase.
Avoiding these common phenomena will make the checkout process seamless and fast. This way, you will have traffic on your website and conversion.
The impact of product reviews on online businesses cannot be undermined. They provide the highest conversion rates for prospective customers and customer loyalty for the existing ones. Think about it. Have you ever bought a product because а friend recommended it? That is the impact of product reviews.
Using it on your website takes the work of converting prospects from you and transfers it to people who have previously done business with you. Most customers will look through your website for product reviews before even checking out the products. Without seeing reviews, they may write your website off as fake.
It is important to make customer reviews visible on your website. Also, it would be best to make it as interactive as possible by ensuring that you respond to both good and bad reviews. This will build a level of trust in the customers’ minds, and they will feel important and noticed.
Lastly, make sure that the reviews on your website are real. Customers will raise an eyebrow if all the reviews are positive, no matter how perfect you think your products and services are. Therefore, it is important to allow both the positives and negatives to be visible.
If you want to increase conversion on your e-commerce store, you have to do more than the average online business owner. Optimizing your store to meet the current trends will stand your website out from the crowd, increase traffic, and drive conversion.
Contact us today for more information and website optimization tips to increase sales in 2022 and beyond. We are professionals in helping businesses build robust e-commerce and product solutions, and we can’t wait to work with you.